Monday, November 24, 2008

Consulting Help Available

I receive my fair share of emails and calls concerning starting a college ministry or youth ministry. I want you to know that I am available to assist you-this is something that we at BSM are here for to strengthen churches! If you are interested, please contact me at utsabsm@gmail.com or by phone: 210.823.4166. I would be honored to set a time to meet with you, your staff and or your church.

There are questions I would ask any church that expresses interest in starting a ministry to students. For your consideration:

* Is your church behind this endeavor? Does the church have a passion for students? Does the church have a broken heart for this generation?

* Does your church have people who are willing to invest their time, talents, energy and prayers into this ministry?

* Is the church willing to support this ministry financially? The church does not need to spend a lot of money on bells and whistles-but the church needs to commit some resources to the ministry. A church's budget reflects what is truly valued.

* Is the church willing to make some adjustments to reach students?

* Is the church willing to meet young people where they are?

Young people matter to Christ. It is not "news" that we are losing a generation that is ironically, interested in spiritual matters, but not the church. If you are interested in reaching this generation, my words to you are "God bless you! May your tribe increase!"

I would also say, "Be patient. Stay in prayer-and please let me know if we can assist you in any way."

No comments: